18. Ethiopian American. College student. Proponent of Black Excellence. I have no idea what I'm doing.
Theme By: Destroyer | Powered By: Tumblr.com
This pic was originally taken in black and white in New York, 1963 but was colourised using digital technology
Remember that time Disney made a live-action Cinderella adaptation with THREE WOC main characters — including Cinderella herself and Whitney Houston’s Fairy Godmother — and a Filipino Prince Charming? And they didn’t spend a single second explaining through dialogue or sly witicism why they were cast that way, and the whole movie went on like it would with white actors and actresses, and the two main relationships were interracial and it was AMAZING?
i don’t think u understand my love for brandi’s cinderella like it’s possibly the greatest movie ever
this movie was so fucking perfect
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We’re backsliding hard from the 90s.
This is the only Cinderella movie I care about. Besides the AWESOME diverse casting, the music was also great.
This is the ONLY Cinderella
The 90s and the diversity in shows/movies + music was the best =/
(Source: msdisneyqueen, via blackbabesupremacy)
I hate when these politicians think that their speaking for the people. I cant stand when dumbass americans feeds into their bullshit.
Like son, there were days when the school lunch was the only thing we ate all day.
I literally think you have no soul if you don’t care about feeding children.
Paul Ryan doesn’t have a soul. It is known..
I feel like Republicans have this idea that nobody should need government assistance because their families should be providing lunch for them or whatever, and yeah maybe in a perfect world every kid would have loving guardian(s) who made enough money and had enough time to pack them a lunch every day, but if that’s the world you want, then you have to make sure all adults earn a living wage first. Willing to do that? No? Then shut the fuck up.
that it is literally the problem, he’s not even correctly hearing //this bullshit made up story//
the fake kid is saying ‘i wish my family could afford to feed me on their own’ and actual paul ryan is saying ‘yes, they should be ashamed of themselves’
(Source: sandandglass, via bellecosby)
"My heart hurts when I think of all the things I haven’t done"
Unknown (via rou-x
do you ever see a person you used to be friends with and you’re like “glad i got the fuck outta that one”
(Source: hitchups, via blackgirlintheattic)
tumblr made me think about a lot of things but mostly social justice and my eyebrows
- You are stronger than you realise.
- You are crueller than you realise.
- The smallest words will break your heart.
- You will change. You’re not the same person you were three years ago. You’re not even the same person you were three minutes ago and that’s okay. Especially if you don’t like the person you were three minutes ago.
- People come and go. Some are cigarette breaks, others are forest fires.
- You won’t like your name until you hear someone say it in their sleep.
- You’ll forget your email password but ten years from now you’ll still remember the number of steps up to his flat.
- You don’t have to open the curtains if you don’t want to.
- Never stop yourself texting someone. If you love them at 4 a.m., tell them. If you still love them at 9.30 a.m., tell them again.
- Make sure you have a safe place. Whether it’s the kitchen floor or the Travel section of a bookshop, just make sure you have a safe place.
- You will be scared of all kinds of things, of spiders and clowns and eating alone, but your biggest fear will be that people will see you the way you see yourself.
- Sometimes, looking at someone will be like looking into the sun. Sometimes someone will look at you like you are the sun. Wait for it.
- You will learn how to sleep alone, how to avoid the cold corners but still fill a bed.
- Always be friends with the broken people. They know how to survive.
- You can love someone and hate them, all at once. You can miss them so much you ache but still ignore your phone when they call.
- You are good at something, whether it’s making someone laugh or remembering their birthday. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that these things don’t matter.
- You will always be hungry for love. Always. Even when someone is asleep next to you you’ll envy the pillow touching their cheek and the sheet hiding their skin.
- Loneliness is nothing to do with how many people are around you but how many of them understand you.
- People say I love you all the time. Even when they say, ‘Why didn’t you call me back?’ or ‘He’s an asshole.’ Make sure you’re listening.
- You will be okay.
- You will be okay.
21 things my father never told me (via forlornes
(Source: ohthativy, via darkerskies)
Esperanza Spalding | Joshua DeHonney
(Source: joshdehonney.com, via theblackcommunist)
The lovely Hoya Vine I have growing in my back yard <3 there’s always at least one cluster of buds at some different stage in the blooming process
i want to be one of those really fit people that go to the gym everyday and eat healthy salads but im just one of those people that lay in bed all day with a packet of chips watching t.v shows 24/7